Terms and Conditions of the Dyson 5 year guarantee.
If you have registered your unit online, your guarantee will start from the date of purchase. Please retain your proof of purchase. If you do not have your proof of purchase, your guarantee will start 90 days after the date of manufacture, according to Dyson's records.
Where this unit is sold within the EU, this guarantee will only be valid (i) if the unit is installed and used in the country in which it was sold or (ii), if the unit is installed and used in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain or the United Kingdom and the same model as this unit is sold at the same voltage rating in the relevant country.
Where this unit is sold outside of the EU, this guarantee will only be valid if the unit is used in the country in which it was sold.
What is covered
5 year Guarantee:
- All factory parts of your Dyson hand dryer are guaranteed against original defects in materials and workmanship when used in accordance with the owner's manual and installation guide for a period of 5 years from the start of your guarantee.
- In instances where electrical failures occur during the guarantee period, Dyson will carry out the repair with no labour charge.
- The replacement of the tap, motor bucket assembly, filter, aerator and solenoid are not covered for labour. If these parts fail replacement parts will be provided to be fitted on site by the customer.
- Any parts which are returned and replaced by Dyson will become the property of Dyson.
- The replacement of any part of your unit under guarantee will not extend the period of guarantee.
- The guarantee provides benefits which are additional to and do not affect any statutory rights you may have as a consumer.
What is not covered
Dyson does not guarantee the repair or replacement of a product as a result of:
- Accidental damage, faults caused by negligent use or care, unintentional or deliberate misuse, neglect, vandalism, careless operation or handling of the unit which is not in accordance with the operating manual.
- Use of parts not assembled or installed in accordance with the instructions of Dyson.
- Use of parts and accessories which are not genuine Dyson components.
- Faulty installation, or installation that does not precisely follow the installation instructions supplied by Dyson (except where installed by Dyson).
- Repairs or alterations carried out other than in accordance with instructions by Dyson.
- Damage from external sources such as transit, weather, electrical outages or power surges.
- Normal wear and tear (e.g. fuse, etc.).
- Damage caused by cleaning which is not in line with the instructions in the manual: for example, cleaning with chemicals or products listed as harmful to the unit.
- Any electrical, flooding or structural damage, or any loss of business or revenue as a result of product failure.
- If you are in any doubt as to what is covered by your guarantee, please contact Dyson.